Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Two Great Books

OK - I must share! I just got through reading "The Five People you Meet in Heaven" by Mitch Albom. It is a great book!! It reminds us that although at times we feel insignificant, we AREN'T. We are important in the lives of others and everything happens for a reason. It was a really easy read, I read it in two days. You will love it!

The other book I am reading is "Breaking Free" by Beth Moore. I have always been so inspired by her. If you have never been a part of one of her Bible studies, you should. She is such an awesome teacher. I participated in several of her studies when I was married to John. His Mom held several at her work. It has been several years since I have read anything by her. About a month ago Mark and I were at Books A Million and I saw this book. I picked it up and I am so glad that I did. "Breaking Free" is a book that is also a Bible study. It does take a little longer to read, but is worth your time.

"Religion" is interesting to me and at the same time very confusing. I think when you go to college it causes you to question everything you have been taught. You become more analytical and begin to ask more questions. I have always been on a search for the truth. I have spent countless hours in discussions with Mark, Kay, my Dad, Mom, Aunt Cathy, John's parents, my friends. I love all of these people, which leads to more confusion - Who do you believe? All of these discussions led me to their point of view on the truth. Their ideas conflict some, and that is where the confusion lies. All people have points of view (opinions) on what is right and wrong according to the Bible. My visits to church have not led me to any peace, although I truly enjoy the preacher. I have found many of the people in the church are hypocritical and "pretend" to be the perfect Christian while all the while judging the actions of others. This just leads to more confusion. The beauty of Beth Moore is that she leads you to find your own truth in God's word. People are sinners and cannot lead me to the truth. In whatever way they were brought up, that is the truth they have found. I must find my own truth!