Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Peace and Quiet - Good or Bad?



Lakyn insisted that we take this picture the other night. She had gotten ready earlier in the day for us to go and buy her Dad a Father's Day present, and I had just gotten home from playing tennis. As a result, she looked beautiful and I looked sweaty. I love the picture anyway - we look so happy. I wonder when the "teenager" stage is going to hit and we don't "like" each other anymore. I am terrified that it will happen any day!!! I am praying that Lakyn and I will be an exception to the rule and continue to love to be around one another!

All of the children are gone this week. Lakyn went to visit her Dad, Dalton went to the beach with a friend, Byne is in North Carolina, and Kyle is at his Mom's house this week. The house is sooooo quiet. I am trying to enjoy the quiet, but it is kinda sad. I am accustomed to a house full of hustle and bustle. We are always getting ready to go somewhere or coming home from somewhere, or having friends over! I looked at Mark last night and said, "It's just you and me babe!" He just laughed, you know Mark loves the peace and quiet. I was having trouble deciding whether or not peace and quiet was for me, when the phone rang. The first ring was Byne for the fourth time today just checking in and making sure I remember to bring his baseball pants to NC this weekend. Then I settled back in, and the phone rang again. This time it was Dalton from the beach asking if it was OK for him to get a tattoo. I promptly replied, "Have you lost your mind?" That question is characteristic of my Dalton(a little on the wild side), but he will have to wait until 18 or older!!!!!! Then I settled back in and the phone rang again, this time it was Lakyn checking on Harmony and calling to say good night. After all the phone calls, I decided - maybe I will enjoy my few days of peace and quiet. Moms deserve a day off now and again, and I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.