Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Friday, January 4, 2008

I was tagged!

What was your year like?

An unexpected blessing/smartest thing I have done- We moved Dalton to PCA this school year after much consideration and prayer. It was very hard for me to move my child to a private school (especially in my current position), but I had to do what was best for Dalton. I was not so sure about the move but it has been a blessing for our family. He is so much happier in this school and has done better academically. It has been well worth it to see him happy!

Feeling important- I do not necessarily feel important, but I do feel responsible. The school adding 2nd grade has increased my responsibility. I have realized that being the Principal of the school definitely does not make you any more important than anyone else, it just means you are more responsible than anyone else. A scary realization.

Craziest thing I did- I took my mother to the Rod Stewart concert. If you knew her at all, you would understand why that seemed like a crazy idea. We had a great time!

Sentimental moment-My baby started Jr. High School this year. It is so hard to watch her grow up - I want to freeze her in time, but I have enjoyed watching her become her own little person. I am very proud of her!

Most enjoyable gift-Mark and Lakyn bought me the softest robe on the planet for Christmas. I have worn it daily since Christmas morning - I think it may be the best gift I have ever received. I am sad that I am going to have to go back to work - I don't think they will let me wear my robe there!

Craziest purchase turnabout- Mark and I wanted to buy a nice camera so that we could take better pictures of the kids while cheering and playing baseball. Our other camera would not take good pictures from a distance. When we spent the large sum of money we spent on our camera, I did not realize what a great purchase we had made. That camera goes with me just about everywhere. I have a new found hobby. I am getting on the children's nerves, but they will thank me one day.

Moments of maturity- Realizing that it is impossible to make everyone happy and ridiculous to try.

Huge answers to prayer- Dalton loving his new school, Kyle finding his way for next year (he is a senior), Lakyn and Mom surviving and loving her first semester of Jr. High, Byne continuing to find success at Troy. Mark and I are still healthy and happy enjoying life! God has been very good to the Goodins! We are continuing to pray for my Aunt Joan. She is currently receiving cancer treatments- please include her in your prayers. Thanks!

Consider yourself tagged! Let me know about your 2007!