Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Mark's Birthday Cake


Mark's Birthday Cake
Originally uploaded by susanne.goodin
I would not describe myself as domestic AT ALL. I do not like to decorate, clean, cook or anything remotely related. The good thing about Mark is that he doesn't mind that about me. We had an agreement when we married that he would be the family cook and I would clean the kitchen. That agreement still holds true today! It works out great because he loves to cook and as long as I do not have to even think about what we are having for dinner - I don't mind cleaning the kitchen. The ironic part about all of this is that every year on his birthday I feel compelled to do something domestic. Last year I cooked him a huge meal on his birthday (it was great by the way - I didn't say I could not cook, just that I don't like to cook)!

This year two friends of mine took a cake decorating class. They invited me to come along for classes, but again, since cooking is one of my least favorite activities I declined. I do, however, run errands with my friends on occasion and I noticed a John Deere tractor cake pan one day when we were in Michael's. This pan, of course, screamed Mark. I decided to ask for a little assistance from my professionally trained friend, Emilie, and we were on a mission to make a Birthday Cake. It is a lengthy process, but it was lots of fun. I felt a sense of accomplishment when I was done. I gave it to Mark today and he loved it. We ate some and it tasted pretty good too! I have completed my domestic task for the year!